ABOUT THE DDD DRIVER
The German Physiks carbon fibre DDD driver has two key distinguishing features:
1.It is omnidirectional, meaning that it radiates the sound evenly around it.
2. It has an exceptionally wide operating range. Its typical operating range is from around 200Hz up to 24kHz—almost 7 octaves, though in the Unicorn Mk II, it operates from 40Hz to 24kHz.
This extremely wide range is achieved by the use of 3 modes of radiation:
Pistonic radiation,where the driver cone goes back and forward like the piston in a car engine.
Bending wave radiation, where the driver cone flexes and a waveis made to travel down its side.
Modal radiation, where the driver cone is allowed to go into break up and modes are established on the cone surface, each acting as an individual sound radiator.
By comparison, most loudspeakers use drivers that only usepistonic radiation and these have a much narrower operating range. The DDD driver’s omnidirectional radiation characteristic and its very wide operating range, together with several other key features give the same important advantages to all German Physiks designs. These are:
1. Excellent stereo images enjoyable from a wide range of listening positions.
2. Very accurate and realistic stereo images.
3. Very even tonal balance throughout the room.
4. Exceptional dynamics.
5.Very accurate portrayal of music instruments’ tonal characters.
6. Set up is quick and easy.
7. Physically extremely rugged.
There are no reviews yet.